Monday, July 12, 2010

Fun in the city

As I mentioned in my last post, Kevin's sister Tara and niece Makenna came to visit us last week. They stayed with us for a week, and I had lots of fun taking them to the hot spots around the city (Kevin had to work most of the time). The only bad thing was the weather--we are having a heat wave right now, with temp. in the 90's plus humidity! It is so disgusting. You feel like a sweaty mess all the time. But we still had fun and tried our best to stay cool.

We visited the American Museum of Natural History


We also went to visit Kevin at work on Tuesday, because every Tuesday a waffle truck called "Wafels and Dinges" parks outside Kevin's building. The car stays there the whole day, and parks in other areas the other days of the week. They have the most amazing waffles you will ever eat! Their signature topping is called Spekuloos, and it is soooooo yummy. The owner described it as liquid golden grahams.


We also went to Times Square and ate at Juniors. And no, those are not donuts on that plate...they are onion rings!



And, we went to see the Statue of Liberty. Well, I actually couldn't go, because it was getting extremely hot, and we were worried about Jacob being out in the heat too long, so I took him home. But Kevin, Tara, and Makenna got to see it.



He was smiling for people on the subway!


We also got to go kayaking! They have free kayaking on the Hudson river every Saturday during the summer.


Another yummy dessert place we found is called Beard Papa's (I promise we didn't just eat the whole time). They sell fresh creme puffs. They are so awesome, and pretty cheap too.



Yuuuuummm!

Thanks for visiting us Tara and Makenna!!!!

2 comments:

eliza said...

MMMM! All the food looks SO DELICIOUS! I love beard papas. We have a couple in Vancouver. I haven't tried the chocolate, but I think that I will have to when we get home. Your little Jacob is getting so big now!

Danielle said...

I'm so jealous you get to eat at all the food places I want to try! Do you watch the Food Network? Both the waffle truck and Junior's have been on Throwdown with Bobby Flay. We've been dying to try a liege waffle ever since we saw that episode.